Wednesday 25 April 2018

Mikuo Cosplay cont. 2

With MCM closing in, a cosplay is needed for me to survive the weekend of excitement. October, I chose to cosplay as Nagisa Shiota from Assassination Classroom, but this time I have decided to continue the work of my Hatsune Mikuo cosplay, and results are looking good!

The sleeves have been the star of a previous post, though since have been subjected to updating. All in all though, these could be scrapped and redone in a black material. If I decide to keep the grey sleeves, I shall purchase some hair ties and sew them into the sleeves, so they stay on my arms without any fuss.








The tie is my pride and joy. Buying the exact tie, or one of the same ilk would have been far to expensive, costing up to a fifth of my budget - which would only leave two fifths after the cost of my wig. So instead of paying for the tie, I decided to purchase ribbon, costing less than a cup of coffee. I found my old school tie - not used for school since 2013, so five years ago - and I transformed it into a homemade Hatsune Miku tie.





Magnet headphone accessories are nicely coming along, alike the sleeves, these have been a creation left to rot until now. I've now finished the model itself, and then covered it in glue and newspaper. All that's left to do it paint it, put the pink colour in it, which I'll do by using pink thread, and then lastly attach it to my headphones. An optional, is to buy a cheap headset (A poundland jobby)and take the microphone off it and attach it also.





The "VOCALOID" emblem is the bitter pain of this, I have chosen the hard route and have decided to hand sew the design onto a piece of scrap curtain. The finished product will then be sewn onto my shirt pocket. The design was to my own design, as the original yellow stripe is plain, with the word "VOCALOID" written underneath. I don't want to be directly sewing into my shirt, so I adapted the design to fit me, and since I had a little room, I added some sound bars which will be coloured pink.





Hehe, I've been looking forward to talking about this bit. This idea grew to me only yesterday, I don't know why I didn't think before to create my very own leak. Unlike my magnet accessories, this has no cardboard whatsoever. it's made of drawing paper, fixed together with glue and newspaper. Since that photo, adjustments have been made, the two bits at the end have been moulded to be closer together. And it's entirely ready for painting.





Lastly, this image of me is supporting various bits I have made in their current form, it was mostly so I new if I was starting to look like a male Miku. I know I said that I'm still to get the wig, and that is true, the wig I'm using is my Nagisa wig from last year.

I am looking forward to seeing my cosplay progress over the next few weeks, and to see it done will be a dream. I shall be getting the wig at the end of the month, so I'm glad about that. :3







No comments:

Post a Comment