Thursday 23 March 2017

VanaN'Ice Last Color Album: Review

I would spend two thousand yen just for LOVELESSxxx on its own.
KAITO [Blue] Len [Blonde] Gakupo [Purple]
5/5 Stars
As one who seemingly avoids love songs, thoroughly enjoying a whole album about love really takes the cake. Last Color takes love songs onto a whole new level. Forbidden love. As one who reads and translates Japanese, it is easy for me to pick out the various heart-breaking meanings, it is much harder for someone who doesn't understand Japanese - though they have sub for that. My favourite song is "LOVELESSxxx" which is about two men who are protectors of boy, but they have to hide their love. Rather the Romeo and Juliet kind of play - ugh, I detest Romeo and Juliet. I remember listening to "LOVELESSxxx" for the first time, and as much as it hurts for a man to admit it, I cried when finding out the Kagmine Len had killed himself to allow KAITO and Camui Gakupo to love each other freely. Shakespeare, take some notes here and rewrite Romeo and Juliet. I'm not kidding, I thought my body was going to turn to ash within in Personal Finance lesson back in 2014. My second favourite song is the fourth track, "The Lost Memory, The Immoral Memory". As I said before, I translate and this was the first song from VanaN'Ice that I had crafted an English version, here is the first line. "Dyed into sepia, a scene I can see, so confusing. I wish to return." Just from that, it shows it's going to be a heart-breaking song. Just from Gakupo saying he saw something that he wished he didn't want to. "As I gaze upon the sky, I see an afternoon filled with my grief. I just can't take it." Is what KAITO follows Gakupo with and if that isn't a stab to the heart, I don't know what is. It's like watching the fan animations of Servant of Evil by Mothy. 

If you love listening to heart-wrenching songs in Japanese, please, you have to listen to the album. OR you can support Seven Color Light by buy the 2012 album for only 2,000. Hell, I would spend two thousand yen just for LOVELESSxxx on its own.

_______________

REVIEWS ARE NOT MY THING

No comments:

Post a Comment