Thursday 13 October 2016

Exam

As I put my pen to paper, he stared at me, looking at me with an unpleasant feeling. 
I didn't know this man, this man didn't know me, yet I felt his glare gazing upon me as I put my pen to paper. 
Never a keen writer was I, especially after a football collided with my hand just weeks before. 
The adrenaline and panic from then mimicked my feeling now. 
Fifty-eight minutes and thirty-four seconds spoke the clock and I looked back to the paper which had only the printed writing. 
Tick tock went the clock and the man was still staring at me. 
I studied the printed writing and questioned how I was to answer. 
I read over the same question, over and over again, hoping for a miracle to remember what I was taught back in the first weeks of the academic year. 
My mind flicked a switch, turning on the light-bulb which was ever going out. 
I grinned to myself and the man was still staring at me as I put my pen to paper and let the ink spread across my page writing the answer which I hoped was correct. 
Fifty-six minutes and thirteen seconds and the man finally looked away from me, letting me continue, alone. 

_________

Again this was classwork, we had to write a poem about a single moment in our life. This was work from yesterday, that I forgot to upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment